Have you ever wanted to master practical knowledge and skills? Or learn things in a whole new way? Josh Kaufman is the author of The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything . . . Fast! as well as an expert on multidisciplinary approach to business mastery.
Check out his video here.
The Ted Talk is an entertaining one. Here are his additional 10 principles that help towards rapid skill acquisition.
The 10 Principles of rapid skill acquisition.
- Choose a lovable project.
- Focus your energy on one skill at a time.
- Define your target performance level.
- Deconstruct the skill into subskills.
- Obtain critical tools.
- Eliminate barriers to practice.
- Make dedicated time for practice.
- Create fast feedback loops.
- Practice by the clock in short bursts.
- Emphasize quantity and speed.
These things may seem like common sense, and it’s more than just knowing them, it’s doing them.